Want to help?
All donations online go to VFTN Charity and help bring transformation to communities through traditional and creative musical expressions!
Your generous gifts and the funding of musical recordings have helped with housing children in Cambodia – famine relief in 2012 & 2016, digging a water well, building a medical dispensary and supplying medicines, and bringing light through solar panels in Tanzania.
Help us raise funds for free when you shop online!
easyfundraising is a brilliant way to raise money for Voices from the Nations.
Shop online from over 2,700 retailers and they’ll give a donation every time you buy something, at no extra cost.
WHY NOT GET INVOLVED – JOIN THE FUN – HERE’S SOME IDEAS
- Anita Haigh completed a sponsored run in the Eastbourne Half Marathon to raise funds for Voices from the Nations.
- John and Jenny Cooper’s choir put together a fund raising Christmas event.
- Wooler community centre in Northumbria provided space for a display on the Tanzanian project.
- The band Our Dad did a concert to raise funds.
- A junior school in Ilfracombe, used the DVD as a basis for learning about a different culture and then had a sponsored ‘wear what you like day’ to raise funds.
What happens to your donations…
- we funded the recording of the Gogo people (Tanzania) and the manufacture of a CD and DVD “Sing to the Well.”
- 20,000 people from Mnase and surrounding villages now have fresh clean water through the sales of Sing to the Well
- it has provided the finances for the community of Mnase to design and build their own new medical dispensary. All the workers for this building project came from the village and an adjacent community. The nearest medical unit was 10km walk, now they have a facility in their village.
- Solar panels on the medical dispensary roof now allow medical help at night.
- During crop failure in 2012, 120 bags of maize were purchased and transported to the village.
- During crop failure in 2016, 265 bags of maize were purchased and transported to the village.
- Medicines purchased for the dispensary when government supplies were low.
- it has helped towards the new Khmer CD and DVD. Songs and music performed by former destitute street children in Cambodia.
- Recording their indigenous music has encouraged their stories and culture.
- CD sales of Garlands for Ashes (Cambodia) have helped with housing costs at CCAMS.
Amazing how a little goes a long way, donations of just £5- could help towards new curtains at the medical dispensary. A £10- donation could help with supplies for the village school. If we had 10 people to donate just £25- we could provide a months income for a village worker.
If you are based in the UK and would like to donate monthly – www.give.net/20107496.
Be it prayer or advocacy we are so appreciative of your encouragement.
As conditions in some countries are very different from those in Europe and the USA, gifts of musical equipment from the west, often cannot be utilized unless specifically requested. Instead, we encourage cash donations so that items can be purchased locally, which builds community sales within the culture.
Many thanks in advance,
Rebekah and Martin Neil
Voices from the Nations is a registered UK Charity.
Charity No. 1127420.